Thursday, June 16, 2011

See ya Blog!

Today is the last day of grade 11! I'm so pumped, so is everyone else, as they should be! It's been just a lovely year but I'm excited for next year which is our last year of high school and i have awesome semesters! I can't wait for summer, i literally don't think I've been so excited for summer my whole life. Out of all the grades I've been in I honestly think that grade 11 has been the most challenging so far for me. Anyways today is my final article about Hawaii and I'd like to describe my trip to you in an overall topic!

Hawaii is the most beautiful place I have ever been, and it was an amazing trip. There was tons to do and there was tons of new experiences to check out. I want to go back so bad. My parents are planning a trip for next school year, but we don't know where we want to go, but i am trying to convince them that we should go to Hawaii. I think my dad would love it and so would Mackenzie. Mom and I no doubt would love to go back, but maybe to a different island just to see how their culture is and what there is to do there! There are 8 main islands in Hawaii and I've only been to one! I would like to go to at least 1 or 2 more. If i could go again though, i think it'd rather go with my family or just a few friends instead of a huge group because that way there are less people to worry about.
In this blog, i think my goals have been achieved because hopefully most people get the general idea of Hawaii, and it's temperature, and things that you could possibly do when you are visiting there. Hopefully maybe I've inspired/convinced some of you to go there in the near future with maybe your families or maybe with your own families you have someday! I don't really have any ideas for the future besides next Wednesday, which is when i get out of this school and finish my exams! I'll be the happiest person alive when next Wednesday is finally over. So Thank you to everyone who read my blog, and who knows, maybe someday you'll take my advice, or maybe if you consider going to Hawaii you'll check out my blog again and take some of my advice. Good luck everyone on your exams and have a great summer! :) :)


LAST Outside Article:Honolulu Hawaii Top Attractions:

Waikiki Beach/ Waikiki Beach Walk.

One of the most breathtaking vacation destinations in the world, Waikiki Beach is a beautiful 2-mile white sand beach fronted by shopping, dining, entertainment and nightlife. Relax on the sparkling sands of Waikiki with a mai tai, and enjoy swimming, surfing, boogie boarding, kayaking, and catamaran and outrigger canoe rides in the aqua waters of the Pacific Ocean. The beach offers picnic areas, concession stands, and snorkeling and body board rentals. Stroll along the beautiful Waikiki Beach Walk for waterfront shopping, dining, entertainment and activities. Swim, surf, shop, eat, play and delight in the wonders of Waikiki!

Diamond Head State Park.

Towering over the southeast coast of Oahu and Waikiki Beach, Diamond Head State Park is the extinct volcanic crater and Hawaii’s iconic natural landmark. Created over 300,000 years ago, Diamond Head’s saucer-shaped crater spans 3,520 feet. Hike the challenging trail from the crater, up the inside wall of the extinct volcano, to the 760-foot volcanic summit and savor jaw-dropping views of the Oahu coast – from the white beaches of Waikiki Beach to Koko Head.

Waikiki Aquarium.

Located next to a living coral reef, Waikiki Aquarium exhibits 3,500 marine animals and aquatic plants, representing 500 species from Hawaii and the tropical Pacific. Explore the breathtaking coral reef exhibit, look into the eye of a zebra shark or giant octopus, and see reef sharks, colorful tropical fish, living corals, sea jellies, and endangered Hawaiian monk seals. Gaze at the graceful sea jellies in the Ocean Drifters Gallery. Face the giant sharks in the Hunters on the Reef exhibit. Check out the Edge of the Reef Exhibit and touch the sea life found along Hawaii’s rocky shoreline. Join the aquarium’s shark adventures, reef walks, and diving and snorkeling trips

Pearl Harbor/USS Arizona Memorial/ Battleship Missouri Memorial.

The history of Hawaii comes to life at Honolulu’s Pearl Harbor. Tour the legendary USS Arizona Memorial, commemorating the soldiers and crew who perished during the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. Take a guided tour of the sunken hull of Battleship USS Arizona and the museum, featuring WWII history exhibits and a documentary film. Celebrating US victory and the end of WWII, the Battleship Missouri Memorial is a living museum with exhibits, memorabilia and activities that tell the history of the world’s most famous battleship. Walk the Surrender Deck of the Mighty Mo, the site of Japan’s surrender to the Allied Forces.


Iolani Palace.

A National Historic Landmark in downtown Honolulu, Iolani Palace was the royal palace of King Kalakaua and Queen Liliuokalani, last monarchs of the Hawaiian Kingdom. Tour this magnificent European-style castle and discover the history of Hawaiian royalty. Explore the Palace’s beautiful galleries with Hawaiian crown jewels, ancient regalia, and historic portraits and photographs, and the gorgeous grounds. Enjoy picnics and free Friday concerts on the beautifully landscaped courtyard or unique shopping in the Palace Shop.


Hanauma Bay.

Located along the southeast coast of Oahu, Hanauma Bay is a protected marine life conservation area and underwater park. The crescent shaped cove, protected from ocean waves, is one of the island’s top scuba diving and snorkeling spots with a rich coral reef and diverse population of marine life. Divers can explore the bay floor, the crater of an ancient volcano, or swim through the reef into deep water. The curved sandy beach at Hanauma Bay is a beautiful place for sunbathing, swimming, and picnics. Discover the scenic hiking trails along the coastline and ridge overlooking the bay and enjoy the breathtaking lookouts.

2 comments:

  1. We should go to Hawaii with a few friends! That would be awesome! I love Hawaii :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Hawaii would be one of the best places to visit.

    ReplyDelete