Monday, June 6, 2011

Kahala Mall

I love love love love to shop. It was almost what i was looking most forward to for the whole Hawaii trip, which is pretty sad. I love big malls, and this one was four stories high! It was called Royal Hawaiian Center. It has so many stores that I like like Lulu lemon, Hollister, Abercrombie and Fitch, etc. Breanne Unger, my mom and I went together and we only had an hour and a half so it wasn't enough time, but it was enough for me to spend all my money. I found tons of clothes that i wanted and bought them. Poor Breanne just following me around barely got to buy anything. When we were done shopping we just kind of walked around because we kept getting lost. We walked by stores like Guess, Lacoste, Gucci, etc. Breanne and I went into guess just to see how much something would be in a store like that. We walked in an i started grabbing purses and looking at the prices and touching them, and meanwhile the guy who was working was just staring at me like i was some homeless person. Mom told me that in super expensive stores like that, they don't want you touching anything unless you know for certain that you are going to buy it. Anyways, Breanne and me looked at this little tiny wallet in Guess, and GUESS how much it was! $1500 dollars. Isn't that insane? The wallet was like the size of my hand, and that is small. Would you spend that much money on something like that? I ended up spending a lot of money in Hawaii at the mall, on souvenirs, and at little box stores. Everything in Hawaii was pretty expensive, but i can understand why. They could charge so much money for stuff because tons of people go there and lots of people love to buy stuff, especially from Hawaii! In the mall I bought a pair of super comfy lulu Lemon shorts, they were so nice and really expensive. I wore them a lot and I can never find them in any other lulu lemon stores around here. I always wore these shorts to gym, but one day I went to get them out of my gym bag and they were gone. Someone stole them. That day was just not a good day, I was raging. So whoever stole my shorts, and happen to read this blog, PLEASE give them back.

Outside Article:

Royal Hawaiian Center, formerly Royal Hawaiian Shopping Center, is a four-level, open-air commercial retail complex located near the center of Waikiki, Oahu, Hawaii. At present, Royal Hawaiian Center occupies more than 310,000 square feet (29,000 m2) and extends across three blocks of Kalakaua Avenue. In July 2005, on the eve of its 25th year in operation, work began on an extensive $115 million renovation program. By June 2008, renovation and expansion work were declared complete. In addition to renovation work on the physical structure, Royal Hawaiian Center has also undergone significant changes in its identity. Since completion of renovation, Royal Hawaiian Center has begun to emphasize its role as a gathering place for both visitors and local residents alike, not merely for its commercial appeal, but also its notable cultural features and historical significance. [5] At the heart of the complex, Royal Hawaiian Center has a 30,000-square-foot (2,800 m2), ethno-botanically landscaped garden called The Royal Grove, a feature inspired by Waikiki’s historical Helumoa coconut grove, which once had more than 10,000 coconut trees. Royal Hawaiian Center regularly hosts performances of Hawaiian story-telling, dance and music in The Royal Grove.

According to the Royal Hawaiian Center website, the complex houses the largest concentration of flagship stores in Hawaii including Cartier, Hermes, Salvatore Ferragamo, Bvlgari, bebe, LeSportsac, Rolex Kaimama Kea, Kate spade, Tourneau, Juicy Couture, and Fendi. Altogether, Royal Hawaiian Center has 110 shops and restaurants, including local and specialty retail establishments, ten anchor restaurants, several casual food eateries, and Waikiki nei, a permanent theatrical venue.

The Royal Hawaiian Center property is owned by Kamehameha Schools, and is currently the largest real estate asset of the Kamehameha Schools trust.

4 comments:

  1. I wish I came with you and Breanne! I barely had anytime to shop! And that sucks that some little brat stole your shorts! Catch em and kill em! Just kidding, but seriously! That makes me mad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg if someone stole my expensive lululemon shorts i would RAGE. Only people who have no lives steal other people's stuff. Idiots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I stole the shorts, they probably look better on me anyways!

    ReplyDelete